We believe that it is important to handle your personal data properly, therefore, any information that we collect about you is processed and stored securely by us. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• the operation of our website;
• processing your applications;
• processing your donations;
• providing and invoicing our services;
• doing advertisements; and
• providing data to third parties based upon legal obligations.
This policy will undergo annual review. It was last updated May 2019.
Who we are?
International Teams UK Trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, no. 4178676 and registered charity, no. 1089864. International Teams UK Trust is a member of the Evangelical Alliance and Global Connections and is part of the International Teams Global Alliance.
International Teams is a global non-profit organisation fuelling a movement to change the future of communities worldwide through integrated community transformation. We bring people together to help the oppressed to see lives and communities transformed by the power of God. With Jesus and with each other, we change the future.
Data protection and the GDPR
International Teams UK Trust adheres to the requirements of the GDPR. This means that:
• we limit our collection of personal data to only that which is required for the specific service that you have selected;
• we take appropriate security measures to ensure the safety of your personal data and require this of any third parties who may process your personal data on our behalf;
• we respect your right to offer, correct, delete or request to transfer your personal data on your request; and
• we have in place a responsible person to help oversee our data processing activities and ensure that they continue to comply with the GDPR and any other data protection law or requirements.
What information do we collect?
• name and address;
• phone number(s);
• email address(es);
• date of birth;
• bank details;
• your current occupation and a brief employment history;
• education background and skills;
• religious views and experiences; and
• IP address.
How do we use personal information?
International Teams UK Trust collects your data so that we can:
• process your orders and donations;
• email you with news, updates and prayer requests;
• contact you regarding mission opportunities; and
• process your Next Step application.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
If you have subscribed to one of our newsletters or prayercasts, you can opt out by selecting the “unsubscribe from this list” or “update subscription preference” options at the bottom of the related email.
When do we share personal data?
All personal information collected will be treated strictly as confidential and will only be accessed by approved members of staff or third parties with whom we are required to share this information as part of our processing or legal obligations.
In the event of receiving services from a third party, a strict understanding of confidentiality will be established prior to the exchange of services.
We may request your permission to share your personal data with our International Teams Global Alliance partners.
How do we secure personal data?
International Teams UK Trust employs strict security protocols across its physical office and digital working space, from receiving to processing to storing data. Physical data is kept under lock-and-key, accessible only by approved staff, and digitalised data is stored using encrypted Cloud services, accessed by computers protected by the latest anti-virus software and other security measures.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
International Teams UK Trust will only store data for as long as we believe it is necessary to perform our activities and provide our services. The data will be deleted either when it is no longer considered necessary or when we receive a valid request to delete your data, unless there is a legal obligation to retain information (such as the seven-year tax retention obligation for payment details).
We will destroy any unnecessary personal data either by shredding, pulping or burning (on-site) or, in the case of digitalised data, erasing it and performing regular system maintenance in order to remove possible remaining fragments (such as a disc defragmentation).
Your rights in relation to personal data
International Teams UK Trust would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
• the right to access: you have the right to request that we provide you with copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service;
• the right to rectification: you have the right to request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate and to complete information that you believe is incomplete;
• the right to erasure: you have the right to request that International Teams UK Trust erase your personal data, under certain conditions;
• the right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions; and
• the right to data portability: you have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that International Teams UK Trust has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Linking to other websites / third party content