Short Term Vacancies
Short term assignments vary in length according to your availability. They could involve a single person or a group. They are a great way to find out more about a particular ministry and what would be involved in a longer term commitment to serving there. (We call these Vision Trips). They are also a great way to visit a ministry that you are supporting and to get involved in some aspects of their work. Of course, they also provide excellent opportunities for limited periods of service, in their own right.
Some reasons why people go on short term assignments:
- Vision Trips
- Hands on experience of a ministry they support
- Exploring God’s purpose for the next phase of their lives
- Opportunity for reflection and fresh input
- Opportunity for change
- Desire to serve
- Gap year or transition between jobs
- Meeting a need for their particular skills
- …. and others
Some examples of areas of work and ministry that you could be involved with:
- evangelism and church planting
- refugee ministry
- children’s work, including street kids
- marginalised communities
- urban communities
- faith groups
As part of the International Teams Alliance, we have access to opportunities in over 50 countries.
You can make a transforming difference in a short term assignment. Contact us, to talk over where and how!